|Colors||Navy blue and white|
|Primary ethnicities||Latino (Mexican)|
|Symbols||Rabbit head with bent ear and a hat with a blunt in the mouth 1980-present, club, heart|
|Affiliation||Folks since 1980?|
|Founder||Unknown. Submit info.|
|Founding year||Sometime in the 1960s|
|Founding neighborhood||Little Village section of South Lawndale neighborhood|
|Main neighborhood||Cicero, IL|
I theorize that Sin City Boys were one of the first Mexican gangs in Little Village because they had members around 30 years old in the late 1970s. I theorize they started in the early 1960s before Two Six formed and before the Latin Kings manifested in the area and were hell bent on taking over the area.
The Sin City Boys were basically a party crew throughout the 1960s and maybe even the 1970s. According to a former leader named “Johnny” Sin City Boys began to leave Little Village because of the intense gang war of the Latin Kings and Two Six in the late 1970s when members were turning 30 years old (Wounded City, Robert Vargas).
The Sin City Boys became close allies with Two Six when they lived in Little Village and that is how they got the bunny head with the bent ear as their main symbol. They set themselves apart by putting a blunt in the bunny’s mouth and a hat on its head.
In the early 1990s the Sin City Boys completely left Little Village and moved into the suburb of Cicero in the Grant Works section at 13th and 49th (Kapone Town). I also had heard there was a notorious leader named “Kapone.” Sin City Boys also opened at 35th and Clinton in Berwyn.
The Sin City Boys are a Folk Nation gang at least since 1980 that has engaged in wars with People Nation gangs around them like Latin Kings, Bishops, Latin Angels and Latin Counts. They also have fought wars with the Two Two Boys who are a Folk Nation gang that started because they are 1 block away from each other in Cicero. That is just about it, I wish I had more to share but I have jack shit.
Please send in 1960s, 1970s, 1980s and 1990s pics!
- What exact year did SCBs form?
- Who was the founder and what happened to him?
- What was the first street corner for SCBs?
- What were all the Little Village Street corners and what years did they open and close down?
- What started the war with Latin Kings a long time ago?
- What year did Sin City Boys go from being a party to crew to gang banging crew?
- What year did SCBs and Two Six become close allies?
- What year did SCBs join Folks?
- What year did SCBs arrive in Cicero?
- What did did the last of Little Village close down?
- What is the time line of leaders up to the year 2000?
Zook Published: Updated: