|Primary ethnicities||Latino (Puerto Rican)|
|Affiliation||Unknown. Submit info.|
|Founder||Unknown. Submit info.|
|Founding neighborhood||East Humboldt Park section of West Town neighborhood|
|Main neighborhood||East Humboldt Park section of West Town neighborhood|
The Scorpions made peace with Latin Kings right away in 1964 in order to join in the fight against the white greaser gangs.
In the year 1966 a faction of Scorpions at Hirsh and Rockwell were approached by a high ranking Latin King founder Albert “Fast Eddie” Hernandez, who proposed to join the gang and control this section of Scorpions directly, Hernandez then got the gang to start selling drugs as he took a percentage off their profits.
by 1968 Hernandez turned the Hirsch and Rockwell faction of the Scorpions into the “Disciples” street gang then in 1970 they would become the “Latin Disciples,” the rest of the history can be found on my Maniac Latin Disciple page. The Scorpions that did not turn out as Latin Disciples went extinct in the 1970s.
Please send in 1960s and 1970s pics!
- Who was the founder of the Latin Scorpions?
- What was the first street corner of the Scorpions?
- What were Latino Scorpion enemies?
- Were the Scorpions and MLDs still allies after the MLDs went to war with Latin Kings in 1970?
- What were Scorpion colors and symbols?
- Please tell me the sections the Scorpions had and what year each opened and closed down?
- What is the time line of leaders?
- What year did the Scorpions close up shop?
Zook Published: Updated: