|Founded||Founded in or near Near West Side|
|Colors||Grey and Blue|
|Primary ethnicities||Latino (Mexican)|
|Symbols||Spartan Warrior Head|
I do not know a whole lot about the Spartans but I can say they came from the Near West Side neighborhood as far back as the early 1950s. In the year 1958 Spartan gang members moved out of the Near West Side and moved to the Heart of Chicago section of Lower West Side neighborhood along 18th Street by 18th and Damen and 18th and Wood, they hung out in Harrison Park. The Spartans were allies with the Morgan Deuces from 18th and Morgan, both gangs also started up in the Near West Side community. The Spartans were just a few blocks away from the Satan Disciples and Gaylords in the 1960s and those were some of their biggest enemies. The Spartans continued on until about the late 1970s to early 1980s then they went extinct.
Please send in 1950s, 1960s, 1970s pics, and 80s if they existed then!
- What exact year did the Spartans start?
- What was the first street corner in the Near West Side?
- What was the first corner in the Heart of Chicago/Pilsen area?
- Who was the founder and what happened to him?
- What was the time line of leaders?
- What were all the corners the Spartans ran and what year did they open and close?
- What year did the Spartans go extinct?
- Who were the Spartans enemies?
- Who were Spartan allies?
- Did Spartans ever join People or Folks?